Little Beetle [noun|recent employee of MegaBeetleÒ]. You are self-motivated. You think like an entrepreneur, constantly innovating and driving positive change, but more importantly, you consistently deliver mind-boggling results.
Bold [adjective|not afraid of anything]. A role at MegabeetleÒ is an opportunity to be a part of something different. To go bold. We’re a company that isn’t afraid to take risks and question the status quo. Oh yeah, we like to have fun too.
Perks [noun|the good stuff you get for working hard]. MegabeetleÒ pays 100% of your medical, dental and vision premiums. Primary care visits, dental exams, eye exams and generic prescriptions are all free. And don’t forget, an unlimited 40% megabeetle.com discount.
1990s [noun|a decade we love, but no longer live in]. Old school cover letters are so 1990. Want to show us who you really are? Create a video cover letter. A flash mob, a comedic monologue… whatever showcases your passion for MegabeetleÒ and the work you’d be doing! Videos are not required, but if you create it, we’ll watch it.
Scout [noun| you're a recruiter, too]. As a MegabeetleÒ, we’ll ask that you always keep your eye out for great talent to join our family. Consider yourself an extension of the recruiting team, scouting for the best people to grow our company.
As a MegabeetleÒ Software Engineer, you will work with our customers to understand their needs and build the capabilities they are looking for. We strive to build a collaborative work environment that lets you both broaden your impact and grow with the support of mentors and senior engineers on the team. Creating a reliable, scalable, and flexible web service requires a sound understanding of the fundamentals of Computer Science and practical experience building large-scale distributed systems. You should be somebody who enjoys working on complex system software, is customer-centric, and feels strongly not only about building great software but about making that software achieve its goals in operational reality. Join us and help solve a challenging set of problems in a space packed full of opportunities.
The successful Junior Software Engineer will be a problem solver who enjoys diving into our databases, is excited about difficult modelling challenges, and possesses strong communication skills to effectively interface between technical and business teams. As a Junior Software Engineer, you will work with senior consultants that provide you scientific guidance and help you to gain practical experience at the start of your career.
What you will do
Writing quality, reusable code for highly scalable and reliable software.
Working closely with product and development management to architect the service.
Being a champion for operational excellence by Insisting on the Highest Standards.
Writing code that continuously improves service reliability and availability.
Having fun working on ground-breaking technology with people just as passionate about their work as you!
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (or equivalent) experience.
· Proficiency in computer science fundamentals – data structures, algorithms and OO design.
· Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD).
· Extensive experience developing, designing and developing applications in a Public or Hybrid Cloud environment.
· Experience in a customer facing role driving discussions with technical personnel regarding design, development and architecting best practices.
· Proven ability to work effectively on shared projects with designers, testers, and other developers
· Excellent business acumen, communication and interpersonal skills.
· Excellent research skills with a creative approach to problem-solving.
· Ability to think critically and translate data insights into consumer stories and digital strategies.
· Hands-on attitude and willingness to push out-of-the-box thinking on all work.
What we offer
We are a well-rounded team that believes that great ideas can come from anywhere whether it be in a conference room or written on a napkin at the bar! You have here an excellent opportunity to join a growing company with a competitive salary and benefits (including travel package) and develop a career in a truly unparalleled environment. We are focused on the future, we think globally, and we value our people.