Software Development Manager
About this position
Software Development Manager
We are looking for a Software Development Manager for our “Restructuring Modeling Software” team. As a Software Development Manager, you will have a passion for developing engineers, mentoring others, and maintaining a high bar for software quality.
Come build the future of companies’ restructuring with us.
Who are you?
· Experience in partnering with product and program management teams.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of technical education and work experience.
· Solid experience in Software Development.
· Experience as a development manager building and leading strong engineering teams.
· Deep hands-on technical expertise in cloud-based distributed software design and development.
· Experience with the SCRUM methodology for agile software development preferred.
· Solid software development background including design patterns, data structures, and test-driven development.
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· A passion for people management and mentorship.
What will you do?
· Lead and manage the development of Production, Marketing, HR & Financial Products.
· Accountable for the strategic technical roadmap for the products, working with other teams to negotiate and influence product roadmaps to ensure the continued success of the product.
· Managing and partnering with a large remote development team.
· Great people leader, able to ensure that the remote teams feel part of the team, remaining loyal and engaged. This will include ensuring teams have the skills and behaviors to achieve their goals, coaching squad leaders, and developing performance and talent.
· Manage resourcing and capacity against multiple concurrent workstreams, ensuring considerations for code management, quality activities, and customer commitments are included.
· Create the project plan/forecast for project delivery against agreed scope and provides regular, transparent progress reports to the Divisional Head of Development, Program Management, and Divisional Management Team.
· Lead & drive the software development team(s) to deliver their commitments on the project, highlighting any impediments/impairments in good time and forming resolution plans to bring projects back in line.
· Collaborate with different teams to ensure alignment and delivery of collaborative projects (such as integration).
· Lead, motivate, develop and manage the performance of the team to ensure that they have the skills and support to achieve their potential and meet the company's needs.
· Use programming experience to provide technical guidance, clear thinking, and commercially and pragmatic decision-making.
· Leading & mentoring developers to make better decisions & credible delivery plans.
What we offer
We are a well-rounded team that believes that great ideas can come from anywhere whether it be in a conference room or written on a napkin at the bar! You have here an excellent opportunity to join a growing company with a competitive salary and benefits (including a travel package) and develop a career in a truly unparalleled environment. We are focused on the future, we think globally, and we value our people.