About this position
Megabeetle [noun | take your business to the next level] powers up companies with holistic digital transformation services at any stage of their business.
Little Beetle [noun | recent employee of Megabeetle]. You are self-motivated. You can lead a new project. You think like an entrepreneur, constantly innovating and driving positive change, but more importantly, you consistently deliver mind-boggling results.
Bold [adjective | not afraid of anything]. A role at Megabeetle is an opportunity to be a part of something different; something is never done before. To go bold. We’re a company that isn’t afraid to take risks and question the status quo. Oh yeah, we like to have fun too.
Perks [noun | the good stuff you get for working hard]. Megabeetle pays 100% of your medical, dental, and vision premiums. Primary care visits, dental exams, eye exams, and generic prescriptions are all free. And don’t forget an unlimited 50% megabeetle.com discount if you take us a new customer.
The 1990s [noun | a decade we love, but no longer live in]. Old school cover letters are so 1990. Want to show us who you really are? Create a video cover letter. A photo report, a flash mob, a comedic monologue… whatever showcases your passion for a new project, something is never done for Megabeetle and the work you’d be doing! Videos are not required, but if you create them, we’ll watch them.
Scout [noun | you're a recruiter, too]. As a Megabeetle, we’ll ask that you always keep your eye out for great talent to join our family. Consider yourself an extension of the recruiting team, scouting for the best people to grow our company.
Develop and implement websites, web applications, application databases, and interactive web interfaces. Evaluate code to ensure that it is properly structured, meets industry standards, and is compatible with browsers and devices. Optimize website performance, scalability, and server-side code and processes. May develop website infrastructure and integrate websites with other computer applications.
What you will do
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code by using solid software development practices.
- Create website layout/user interface by using standard HTML/CSS practices.
- Integrate data from back-end services and databases.
- Create and maintain documentation.
- Be responsible for maintaining, expanding, and scaling our websites and platforms.
- Stay plugged into emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them into operations and activities.
- Work with marketers and designers to build a user experience that is brand coherent and market effective.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (or equivalent) experience.
- Excellent research skills with a creative approach to problem-solving
- Proficiency in at least one server-side technology (Java, PHP, NodeJS, Python, Ruby)
- Ability to multi-task, organize, and prioritize work
- Ability to think critically and translate data insights into consumer stories and digital strategies.
- Hands-on attitude and willingness to push out-of-the-box thinking on all work.
What we offer
We are a well-rounded team that believes that great ideas can come from anywhere whether it be in a conference room or written on a napkin at the bar! It is an excellent opportunity to join a growing company with a competitive salary and benefits (including a travel package) and develop a career in a truly unparalleled environment. We are focused on the future, we think globally, and we value our people.
The work will be remote due to covid-19.