Software Development Manager
About this position
Software Development Manager (Trainee)
Megabeetle [noun | take your business to the next level] powers up companies with holistic digital transformation services at any stage of their business.
Little Beetle [noun | recent employee of Megabeetle]. You are self-motivated. You can lead a new project. You think like an entrepreneur, constantly innovating and driving positive change, but more importantly, you consistently deliver mind-boggling results.
Bold [adjective | not afraid of anything]. A role at Megabeetle is an opportunity to be a part of something different; something is never done before. To go bold. We’re a company that isn’t afraid to take risks and question the status quo. Oh yeah, we like to have fun too.
Perks [noun | the good stuff you get for working hard]. Megabeetle pays 100% of your medical, dental, and vision premiums. Primary care visits, dental exams, eye exams, and generic prescriptions are all free. And don’t forget an unlimited 50% megabeetle.com discount if you take us a new customer.
The 1990s [noun | a decade we love, but no longer live in]. Old school cover letters are so 1990. Want to show us who you really are? Create a video cover letter. A photo report, a flash mob, a comedic monologue… whatever showcases your passion for a new project, something is never done for Megabeetle and the work you’d be doing! Videos are not required, but if you create them, we’ll watch them.
Scout [noun | you're a recruiter, too]. As a Megabeetle, we’ll ask that you always keep your eye out for great talent to join our family. Consider yourself an extension of the recruiting team, scouting for the best people to grow our company.
We are looking for a Trainee Software Development Manager for our “Restructuring Modeling Software” team. As a Trainee Software Development Manager, you will have a passion for developing engineers, mentoring others, and maintaining a high bar for software quality.
Come build the future of companies’ restructuring with us.
Who are you?
- Experience in partnering with product and program management teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of technical education and work experience.
- Experience in Software Development.
- Experience as a development manager building and leading engineering teams will be valued.
- Experience with the SCRUM methodology for agile software development is a plus.
- Good software development background including design patterns, data structures, and test-driven development.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations is valued.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A passion for people management and mentorship.
What will you do?
- Lead and manage the development of Production, Marketing, HR & Financial Products.
- Accountable for the strategic technical roadmap for the products, working with other teams to negotiate and influence product roadmaps to ensure the continued success of the product.
- Managing and partnering with a large remote development team.
- Great people leader, able to ensure that the remote teams feel part of the team, remaining loyal and engaged. This will include ensuring teams have the skills and behaviors to achieve their goals, coaching squad leaders, and developing performance and talent.
- Manage resourcing and capacity against multiple concurrent workstreams, ensuring considerations for code management, quality activities, and customer commitments are included.
- Create the project plan/forecast for project delivery against the agreed scope and provides regular, transparent progress reports to the Divisional Head of Development, Program Management, and Divisional Management Team.
- Lead & drive the software development team(s) to deliver their commitments on the project, highlighting any impediments/impairments in good time and forming resolution plans to bring projects back in line.
- Collaborate with different teams to ensure alignment and delivery of collaborative projects (such as integration).
- Lead, motivate, develop and manage the performance of the team to ensure that they have the skills and support to achieve their potential and meet the company's needs.
- Use programming experience to provide technical guidance, clear thinking, and commercial and pragmatic decision-making.
- Leading & mentoring developers to make better decisions & credible delivery plans.
What we offer
We are a well-rounded team that believes that great ideas can come from anywhere whether it be in a conference room or written on a napkin at the bar! You have here an excellent opportunity to join a growing company with a competitive salary and benefits (including a travel package) and develop a career in a truly unparalleled environment. We are focused on the future, we think globally, and we value our people.