About this position
Software Developer (Trainee)
Little Beetle [noun | employee of Megabeetle®]. You are self-motivated. You think like an entrepreneur, constantly innovating and driving positive change, but more importantly, you consistently deliver mind-boggling results.
Bold [adjective | not afraid of anything]. A role at Megabeetle® is an opportunity to be a part of something different. To go bold. We’re a company that isn’t afraid to take risks and question the status quo. Oh yeah, we like to have fun too.
The 1990s [noun | a decade we love, but no longer live in]. Old school cover letters are so 1990. Want to show us who you really are? Create a video cover letter. A flash mob, a comedic monologue… whatever showcases your passion for Megabeetle® and the work you’d be doing! Videos are not required, but if you create them, we’ll watch them.
Scout [noun | you're a recruiter, too]. As a Megabeetle®, we’ll ask that you always keep your eye out for great talent to join our family. Consider yourself an extension of the recruiting team, scouting for the best people to grow our company.
A TRAINEE SOFTWARE DEVELOPER will be responsible for software development projects, including translating project speciﬁcations into software programs and other web-based applications, namely corporate software.
What you will do
- Integrate software, provide data and solutions to various departments within our company.
- Implement code with the highest standards.
- Provide expertise on our existing systems from conceptual ideas to real-world implementation.
- Triaging and fixing bugs during initial software development and deployment.
- Conceptualize, develop and deliver quality software built for specific needs a client may have.
- Recommend software upgrades for customers' existing programs and systems.
- Develop software for embedded systems.
- Create a variety of models and diagrams (such as flowcharts) that show programmers the software code needed for an application
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Proficient in at least a server-side language.
- Skilled in Database Languages for specific programs, such as SQL, MariaDB, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, etc.
- Keen to acquire strong technical programming skills using various coding languages and tools.
- Expert in writing code from the end-user perspective.
- Strong Analytical skills to analyze the users’ needs.
- Excellent communication skills to give clear instructions to others working on a project and explain to customers how the software works and answer any questions.
- A creative mindset to come up with new and exciting stuff.
- Detail-oriented. Attention to detail is paramount.
- Knowledge of how software communicates with the hardware.
- Interpersonal skills. We want team players.
- Problem-solving skills. You are in charge of software from beginning to end; you must be able to solve problems that arise throughout the design.
What we offer
We are a well-rounded team that believes that great ideas can come from anywhere, whether it be in a conference room or written on a napkin at the bar! You have here an excellent opportunity to join a growing company with a competitive salary and benefits (including a travel package) and develop a career in a truly unparalleled environment. We are focused on the future, we think globally, and we value our people.