About this position
Megabeetle [noun | take your business to the next level] powers up companies with holistic digital transformation services at any stage of their business.
Little Beetle [noun |recent employee of MegaBeetle]. You are self-motivated. You can lead a new project. You think like an entrepreneur, constantly innovating and driving positive change, but more importantly, you consistently deliver mind-boggling results.
Bold [adjective | not afraid of anything]. A role at Megabeetle is an opportunity to be a part of something different; something is never done before. To go bold. We’re a company that isn’t afraid to take risks and question the status quo. Oh yeah, we like to have fun too.
The 1990s [noun | a decade we love, but no longer live in]. Old school cover letters are so 1990. Want to show us who you really are? Create a video cover letter. A photo report, a flash mob, a comedic monologue… whatever showcases your passion for a new project, something is never done for Megabeetle and the work you’d be doing! Videos are not required, but if you create them, we’ll watch them.
Scout [noun | you're a recruiter, too]. As a Megabeetle, we’ll ask that you always keep your eye out for great talent to join our family. Consider yourself an extension of the recruiting team, scouting for the best people to grow our company.
The APP DEVELOPER TRAINEE will be working closely with our Design team to architect, design, develop, and deploy lightweight iOS and/or Android apps. The successful Junior APP DEVELOPER will be a problem solver who enjoys diving into our databases, is excited about difficult modelling challenges, and possesses strong communication skills to effectively interface between technical and business teams. As a Junior member of our team, you will work with senior consultants that provide you scientific guidance and help you to gain practical experience at the start of your career.
What you will do
- Development of iOS and/or Android Platforms (Hybrid or Native);
- Generate validate ideas (brainstorming, market research, mind mapping, concept testing, requirement gathering strategy development);
- UX/UI Design (information architecture, wireframing, style guides, prototyping, mock-ups);
- Development (native/cross-platform/Hybrid, Backend development, product builds, testing QA feedback, reactions);
- Testing QA (test case preparation, manual automated testing, functional testing, usability testing, performance testing);
- Launch deployment (finalize build; App Store submission, analytics setup, App Store approval, backend deployment);
- Marketing maintenance (app marketing strategy, App Store optimization, user engagement retention, continuous monitoring, releasing updates and fixes)
- Work with the Front-End team and Designers to bring the desired application UI/UX to life;
- Integrate Push Notifications;
- Generate user documentation for the applications developed;
- Engage with other team members to hand off knowledge of the developed applications and facilitate others to maintain and modify the application;
- Triaging and fixing bugs during initial mobile app development and deployment.
- MSc in a quantitative discipline such as Statistics, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, Computer Science or Economics;
- Experience with object-oriented programming languages;
- Expertise using SQL for acquiring and transforming data;
- Outstanding quantitative modeling and statistical analysis skills;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (Portuguese English) with the ability to effectively advocate technical solutions to research scientists, engineering teams and business audiences;
- Proactive and resourceful with strong problem-solving skills;
- Strong self-starter who takes full responsibility and ownership of the task before them;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal (Portuguese English);
- Fun, friendly and professional demeanor;
- Solid persuasive presentation skills;
- Computer skills, adaptability using apps you may be unfamiliar with;
- Excellent relationship-building and influence skills;
- Personable trustworthy;
- Passionate about embracing challenges and create innovative solutions.
What we offer
We are a well-rounded team that believes that great ideas can come from anywhere whether it be in a conference room or written on a napkin at the bar! You have here an excellent opportunity to join a growing company with a competitive salary and benefits (including travel package) and develop a career in a truly unparalleled environment. We are focused on the future, we think globally, and we value our people.