The TRAINEE FINANCE SPECIALIST will help to provide strategic and operational leadership to ensure the company’s ongoing success. The successful trainee will have the deep financial knowledge and broad strategic insight, and serve as a trusted advisor, and will play a critical role in the overall strategic direction of the company. Reporting directly to the CEO will be responsible for leading, planning, implementing, and advising on all financial-related activities of the company. This includes assessing and evaluating the financial performance of the organization with regard to long–term operational goals, budgets, and forecasts. In addition, as a trainee, you will contribute to the development and implementation of financial procedures to improve and maintain the health of the company.
What you will do
- Prospecting, qualifying, and closing new business by building strategic relationships;
- Write high-quality reports;
- Participate in the company’s growth strategy and goals;
- Effectively lead the finance team, bringing out the full potential of each member;
- Held accountable for meeting sales, growth, and marketing targets;
- Build a high level of trust and credibility throughout the organization and present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate manner;
- Report and analyze the company’s past and present finances and ensure full transparency over the financial performance of the company;
- Review and ensure the application of appropriate internal controls;
- Prepare and lead all external audits and serve as a key point of contact for external auditors;
- Use commercial and financial information to tell the story and predict the company’s business successes in the future on products and services to determine profitability; Develop and maintain period operating budget and annual company operating budget;
- Participate in the commercial strategy engagement which includes reviews, financial modeling, and program analysis;
- Oversee the company’s cash management and treasury duties;
- Oversee the compensation and benefits programs including executive and deferred compensation for the organization;
- Provide strategic oversight for the company’s total reward programs;
- Oversee the infrastructure of technical operations in order to achieve the operational goals, eliminate security risks, and maintenance of systems.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Economics or similar (MBA preferred);
- Operated and understands the intricacies of a privately-owned business;
- Proactive and resourceful with strong problem-solving skills;
- Strong self-starter who takes full responsibility and ownership of the task before them;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal (Portuguese & English);
- Fun, friendly and professional demeanor;
- Solid persuasive presentation skills;
- Computer skills, adaptability using apps you may be unfamiliar with;
- Excellent relationship-building and influence skills;
- Personable & trustworthy;
- Passionate about embracing challenges and create innovative solutions;
- Thrives in and contributes to a positive, collaborative, and fun work environment.
What we offer
An excellent opportunity to join a growing company with a competitive salary and benefits (including travel package) and develop a career in a truly unparalleled environment. We are focused on the future, we think globally, and we value our people.
We are a well-rounded team that believes that great ideas can come from anywhere whether it be in a conference room or written on a napkin at the bar! You have here an excellent opportunity to join a growing company with a competitive salary and benefits (including travel package) and develop a career in a truly unparalleled environment. We are focused on the future, we think globally, and we value our people.