As Finance Specialist, you will have the opportunity to provide strategic and operational leadership to ensure the ongoing success of MMT. As a key member of the team, the Finance Specialist will serve as a trusted advisor and will play a critical role in the overall strategic direction of the company. Reporting directly to the CEO, the Finance Specialist will be responsible for leading, planning, implementing, and advising on all financial-related activities of the company. This includes assessing and evaluating the financial performance of the organization with regard to long–term operational goals, budgets, and forecasts. In addition, this key leadership role will lead to financial procedures’ development and implementation to improve and maintain the health of the company.
Additionally, the Finance Specialist will have the deep financial knowledge and broad strategic insight. The candidate must have highly developed leadership qualities, entrepreneurial spirit, and interpersonal skills.
What you will do
- Build a high level of trust and credibility throughout the organization and present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate manner;
- Provide feedback and coaching to the team;
- Report and analyze the company’s past and present finances and ensure full transparency over the financial performance of the company;
- Review and ensure the application of appropriate internal controls;
- Prepare and lead all external audits and serve as a key point of contact for external auditors;
- Use commercial and financial information to tell the story and predict the company’s business successes in the future on products and services to determine profitability;
- Develop and maintain period operating budget and annual company operating budget; Develop a commercial strategy engagement which includes reviews, financial modeling, and program analysis;
- Oversee the company’s cash management and treasury duties;
- Oversee the compensation and benefits programs including executive and deferred compensation for the organization;
- Collaborate with the CEO to provide strategic oversight for the company’s total reward programs;
- Oversee the infrastructure of technical operations in order to achieve the operational goals, eliminate security risks, and maintenance of systems.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or Related or related field (MBA preferred);
- Professional accounting designation (CC - Ordem dos Contabilistas Certificados);
- 5+ years’ experience in a senior financial leadership position;
- Operated and understands the intricacies of a privately-owned business;
- Experience working with a Board of Directors;
- Proactive and resourceful with strong problem-solving skills;
- Strong self-starter who takes full responsibility and ownership of the task before them;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal (Portuguese & English);
- Fun, friendly and professional demeanor;
- Solid persuasive presentation skills;
- Computer skills, adaptability using apps you may be unfamiliar with;
- Excellent relationship-building and influence skills;
- Personable trustworthy;
- Passionate about embracing challenges and create innovative solutions;
- Thrives in and contributes to a positive, collaborative, and fun work environment.
What we offer
An excellent opportunity to join a growing company with a competitive salary and benefits (including travel package) and develop a career in a truly unparalleled environment. We are focused on the future, we think globally, and we value our people.
We are a well-rounded team that believes that great ideas can come from anywhere whether it be in a conference room or written on a napkin at the bar! You have here an excellent opportunity to join a growing company with a competitive salary and benefits (including travel package) and develop a career in a truly unparalleled environment. We are focused on the future, we think globally, and we value our people.